Tuesday, January 11, 2011

For the Sake of a Picture
Standing outside, my fingers go numb as I fiddle with the lens to my camera. I wasn’t feeling well and the air was so cold that I could feel my face turning red, but I press on, coming closer and closer to my goal, knowing that what lay beyond the hill is well worth the journey. I can see up ahead the pink in the sky and I think “it is already worth it” as I round the bind. The sky is filled with color as I stare in wonder at the glorious scene of a sunset. I bare my hands out to the chilling wind as I remove the cap from my lens and bring the camera to my eye. I look through the view finder and stare at all the gold’s, pinks, and blues, and press the button down. Rolling my eyes I lower the camera and flip the switch to “on”, a mistake I make too many times to count. Now I’m ready and I take the first picture. The screen lights up of the now frozen image, but I don’t bother looking at it as I am already taking the next picture. My fingers are so cold that they feel like their burning and I struggle with focusing the lens, I say to myself “Just one more picture” but I can’t seem to stop my finger from pressing the button. The sun was setting lower and the colors kept changing that it was like a new picture each time, so I “pressed” on. Twenty good pictures and ten frozen fingers later, I finally turn to leave, and I think to myself again as I walk towards the nice warm house, that it is so worth the sake of a picture.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment