Thursday, January 13, 2011

A million little lights
If I were to say a million little lights the first thing you might think of is a big city at night.
 (This is a picture of San Diego around evening, and sorry for the blurriness we were on a dock and I didn’t have my tripod with me.)  

Or you might think of billions of shining stars on a clear night.
                   (I took this while the moon was in a total eclipse so that’s way it looks orange)         
But the little lights I’m talking about aren’t really lights at all, just reflections of one big light, the sun, and what is reflecting the sun?             
That’s right Snow! Billions of frozen little water droplets can make the ground seem to sparkle as the sun reflects off of it, and causes a whole new set of scenery perfect for taking pictures.  
      
Although these pictures may look normal, I was actually laying on my stomach taking pictures of the bottom of small trees, no bigger than an inch thick.                  
                   A winter scene although frozen and cold, can still show as much beauty as a spring flower, a summer lake, or an autumn leaf, and sometimes even more, you just have to know how to look.

              The sun was setting when I took this, so not only was the snow sparkling but it had also turned a perfect pink.                                   

3 comments:

  1. Some amazing pictures as usual sis.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Ruby! :-) You're very sweet. I'm very impressed with your photos! I love the detailed photos of the snow and tree branches! Very pretty! Also the pink snow is perfectly lovely!

    Thanks again for stopping by!

    Blessings,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete