Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Four Moons, a Sunset, and Peppers?

First off, sorry y’all that I haven’t posted in awhile but I’ve been kind of sick for the last couple of days, and I’m going to use that as my excuse for not posting anything within the last couple of weeks. :)
Well anyway since its New Moon I figured I should probably post something about that, (hints part of the title) but sadly I only have a hand full of good moon pictures,
so don’t freak out if a few random pictures find their way into this post (hints the rest of the title).
   This one was kind of tricky because I had to take two pictures to make it work; one with the moon in focus, and the other with the trees in focus, and then I had to merge them together.
And I did the same thing with this one too because I wanted there to be stars in the background.

The reason the moon looks like that is because I took it during a full lunar eclipse so the moon was kind of glowing a reddish orange color.
  This next one I thought was cool because it kind of looked like the sun, even though it is the moon.
  This one is the sun.
I had been taking a series of pictures as the sun was setting and the flock of geese just happened to fly in the way as it was time to take the next picture, and I thought it was so cool.
  This last picture has absolutely nothing to do with anything, except for maybe the title.
Rosh Chodesh Samaech!
or "Happy New Moon”
~Ruby

6 comments:

  1. Awesome pics!! I really like the sunset and the moon pics!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the pics of the moon. You have one amazing eye for these kinda shots...plus you have a great camera ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pepper picture...great perspective. The moon pics are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the center 2 moon pictures, especially the one with the stars! (I couldn't tell whether or not the trees were in focus in the one prior)

    How exactly do you take two pics and merge them? That sounds like something I should try! (you should so get a DeviantART!)


    http://www.oneofakindknight.deviantart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool sis. I like the moon pic with all the stars the best, it makes me think of some kind of sci-fi movie... not sure why :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I say merge, I really mean that I Photoshop one picture, or part of one, into another one; In this case I grabbed the moon and copied it into the "clear" tree picture, (which probably wasn't perfectly clear, but it was clearer) and voila, that’s all there is to it. Well mostly. :D

    ReplyDelete