Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fire, Water, and a little bit of Homework.

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been scanning through my pictures trying to find something to blog about. And one of the first things I thought of was Fire.

But I don’t have that many Fire pictures, so I knew I needed something to go along with it, and what better choice than Water.
In this case rain water.  

But I felt that it needed just a little something more, because honestly, a title like “Fire and Water” just didn’t seem to catch the eye. So for the last part of my title I decided to throw in a little something that had to do with my life right now. I bet you didn’t think it would be this complicated, did ya?  But I’ll get to that later. For now I have more heated things to get to.

Now before you judge me on this last picture, let me just explain that these were mice infected books that were beginning to mold and they had to be disposed of, and we just happened to have a fire going anyway, so of course I took it as a photo opportunity.

I bet you can’t guess what this next picture is of.


Okay I’ll tell you. This is a friend of mine that is actually juggling fire!

Cool right. 

Okay lets douse this subject with a little something else.

 
This next one I did raw. (No editing involved, except for my watermark)

And then I did it again with a bit of processing. Like how I snuck in the food analogies.  And I call it, “Golden Raindrops”  

  Now I’ve worked my way around this until now, so I’ll just come out and tell you. The reason for the last part of the title, and why I haven’t posted anything sooner, is because I am studying for my GED. Dramatic music, “don don da” Actually even though I’ve just started studying, it’s easier than I thought it would be, at least so far.

I did this picture originally with a mechanical pencil, because that’s what I use, but it just didn’t look as good as a real one.

Because I don’t own the study book I’m using, I have to write down all my answers on something else.

Reading through this book I come across a lot of different emotions.

And it can get a bit messy.  

But I know I will be able to figure it out if I just try hard enough.

And hopefully when I’m all done I’ll be able to celebrate victory!

So because of all this I probably won’t be posting as much in my blog as I’d like to, L, but don’t worry I won’t forget about it, because after all, photography for me, is homework. J


    Shalom to all
~Ruby


2 comments:

  1. Photography is homework?! Haha, I have it more as a hobby thing than as something I'd do like homework. ;-D

    The first fire pic is very nicely contrasted, and I like your close ups of water and plants - that's an area I need to work on.

    The fire swinging thing, is that like the flaming poi? Or whatever they call those balls the have on strings....I wonder how much they cost. They make some awesome photos, and look like this: http://kereplaz.deviantart.com/art/Flaming-poi-113212198

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, thanks so much for commenting, and to answer your questions…
    #1 I think what he used was something called FyreFli, and it looks more like a round grill with a wick inside. I would have added a link but it was too long, so you'll have to look it up yourself.
    #2 Photography is kind of like homework for me because I'm constantly trying to be better at it, because I would really like to do it for a leaving someday. And I actually like homework, except for math, because I really enjoy learning new things, that is as long as their explained correctly.
    :D

    ReplyDelete