Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Picture Worth A Thousand Words

  I have this picture that I took a few of years back and I wanted to find a scripture verse to go with it, so I did! And even though it’s a short one I think it fits well.
Isa 41:13  “For I, יהוה your Elohim, am holding your right hand, saying to you, ‘Do not fear, I shall help you.’
  Now even though this verse fits pretty well with the picture I don’t think it fits as well with the story. You see before my Grandma died she and my Grandpa came to live at our house for her final days, and I believe it was within a month of her passing when I took this picture.

  I can remember walking into their room and seeing my grandpa sitting by her bedside just holding her hand and keeping her company. And I can’t be sure, but I don’t even think that they were talking to each other, because for one; my grandma couldn’t anymore because of a stroke, and for two; even if my grandpa wanted to talk, neither one of them could have heard it anyway since they were both almost ninety at the time. So I guess it’s just one of those cases were actions speak louder than words.
   I took this picture with a video camera, so the quality was really grainy; although you wouldn’t know it because I spent some time on my computer editing it until I was able to make it look as good as it is.
Before…
After…
  Although it is not their right hands that their holding, I still think the verse works for it. If I wanted to I could probably find a thousand words that would go well with this picture, but instead here are just a few other verses I was thinking about using. Maybe you’ll think one of them fits better…
Psa 91:1-4  He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, Who abides under the shadow of the Almighty,
He is saying of יהוה, “My refuge and my stronghold, My Elohim, in whom I trust!”
For He delivers you from the snare of a trapper, From the destructive pestilence.
He covers you with His feathers, And under His wings you take refuge; His truth is a shield and armour.  
Pro 4:23  Watch over your heart with all diligence, For out of it are the sources of life.
Joh 15:13  “No one has greater love than this: that one should lay down his life for his friends.
  We actually had a picture frame with this last verse on it and I put the picture in it and gave it to my grandpa, and he said he really liked it, so maybe it would have been a better verse.
  Well that’s it for now, and I’m sure if my grandma had seen this, she would agree that this picture is worth a thousand words.   

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have some serious talent, that is amazing! Thanks for you lovely comments on my site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The verse does go well with the picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those "a picture can say a thousand words" photo....beautiful

    ReplyDelete